The Sizzling Scot Steakhouse & Grill
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 337 7744
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2pm; Mon–Sun 5–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5–6.30pm
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website www.sizzlingscot.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
Tucked away on Dalry Road, the Sizzling Scot Steakhouse & Grill serves exceptional cuts of beef in subtle tartan surroundings. Scottish folk music plays merrily in the background while energetic servers scribble orders. Though the menu is laden with meaty temptations, vegetarians are not forgotten, with options of vegetarian haggis and wild mushrooms on toast available. A variety of soups are on offer, including a nourishing Scotch broth loaded with chunky vegetables and pearl barley. The Aberdeen Angus steaks are, of course, the main event, and guests can choose from fillet, rib-eye, sirloin and T-bone cuts. Each steak is accompanied by a hefty trio of onion rings, marinated grilled tomatoes, and a choice of chips, new potatoes or mash. A lean fillet steak is tenderly grilled and uplifted by a green peppercorn and whisky sauce, and the cheese and onion mash is heavy on the cheddar. The slightly bland fruit and custard crumble might indicate that desserts are neglected, but it’s unlikely you’ll have room after the main course anyway.
- High point: Sizzling steaks
- Low point: Puddings not always up to scratch
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Scottish folk
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle