- Telephone 0141 353 0678
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–10.30pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £7.90 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
Jump to comments (8)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Rumours Kopitiam seems to have it all – a great location on a busy Bath Street corner, tasty Malay dishes and more than reasonable pricing. All this ensures that even on a wet weekday night, punters will steadily stream through the door. Sure, the compact space is basic, as you would expect from a café, but this is no way reflects the intricate tastes coming from the semi open-plan kitchen. Salt and chilli prawns make an accomplished spicy starter along with crisp fried chicken wings coated in aromatic batter. Expect crispy shredded beef, nasi goring, pad thai and a handful of curries to feature or perhaps pick something from the daily specials written on the chalkboard beside the kitchen, such as sizzling fillet steak in pepper sauce, salmon curry or a light aromatic grilled sea bass. The wine list is also rather good considering, and a nice bargain drop can be found for less than fifteen quid.
- High point: Authentic flavours dominate every dish
- Low point: Not much in the way of puddings
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £14.30 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Rumours Kopitiam./5 from RSS feed of these comments