- Telephone 0141 339 3400
- Food served Mon–Fri 7am–7pm; Sat 9–-5; Sun 11am–-6pm
- Average price £5.50 (set lunch)
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Bare white walls and quirky 1960s chairs give this café a relaxed feel, but it’s the pop art screen-prints and kitsch lampshades that hint at the bold flavour hidden in the menu’s simple-sounding dishes. Slow-cooked coconut dhal, warm and rich with a perfect blend of turmeric and chilli, sums up their approach: simple food, full of flavour, prepared with care. Their enthusiasm for fresh food, made from scratch, using local suppliers is evident in all dishes, from classics like carrot, ginger and honey soup, to uncompromising New York deli-style sandwiches. The Breaking Bad inspired Polo Loco is such a sandwich: grilled chicken with a heady mix of fresh thyme, chilli, cayenne pepper and lime juice, served with sour cream and guacamole. Staff are friendly and – with a variety of deals, coffee at £1.50, and home-baking by Bella’s Cakes – those looking for a treat will be equally glad they popped in.
- High point: Andrew Reid’s badda-bing Italian sausages
- Low point: Might struggle for space when busy
- Delivery: Large / coporate deliveries only
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Radio 6 Music
- Capacity: 18
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2007
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Café Pop./5 from RSS feed of these comments