- Telephone 0141 559 6799
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 12–7pm; Fri–Sat 4–7pm
- Average price £12.50 (set lunch); £24 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.citation-glasgow.com
Jump to comments (6)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Housed in the former Sheriff Court there are few building fronts as impressive anywhere in the city. Gone are any remnants of law court life. Split between a ground floor with a massive glitzy cocktail bar, and an upstairs restaurant that has a more modern French rustic feel. With whitewashed chairs and exposed stone walls. The menus are well planned to cover most tastes from bar snacks to fine dining. There's a particularly good value pre-theatre deal, with big portions. The upstairs restaurant has possibly the finest smoking balcony in all Scotland, complete with six classical columns smothered in lights. Starters include steamed west coast mussels with a difference, infused with sweet tarragon and blue cheese. For the main event, the slow braised shin of beef is a substantial course of three large chunks of soft darkened beef slowly cooked, filled with savoury red wine flavour. Nicely complimented by mild horseradish, crushed potatoes and a bourguignonne sauce. For dessert, try sticky hot ginger bread, thinly sliced with contrasting cool crème fresh and soft roasted pears.
- High point: Good priced fine dining
- Low point: No cloakroom
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Grace Jones, R&B.
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2007
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Citation./5 from RSS feed of these comments