- Telephone 0131 467 2671
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–4pm. Closed Sat/Sun.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Typical order Falafel or lamb meatball ‘slovlaki’ (£2.95)
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This Haymarket deli-café is, in the words of its owner, ‘a one-woman show’, brought to you from the ‘Cucina’ (Italian for kitchen) of ‘LC’ (Lorena Crolla). It’s now Cucina LC’s seventh year in business, and every weekday you can see Lorena from 7:30am to 4pm, fusing Italian and Asian cooking for a live audience who want to escape their working lives for a while. A supporting cast of au fait waiters present her kitchen productions: daily-changing quiches, pastas, soups and cakes, or a fulsome menu of sandwiches, wraps, salads, baked potatoes and seasonal specials, all to eat in or take away. A quiet corner of the set has leather armchairs for talking or reading the news. Lorena’s plentiful platefuls, from Mediterranean tapas to Thai udon noodles, burst with sunny colours, flavours, and interesting ingredients – and are excellent value for £4–£7. Taste, price, and popularity prove Lorena still cares about her long-running show.
- High point: Bountiful choice
- Low point: Having no room left to try the cakes
- Delivery: To local offices, no charge; cakes for parties, etc.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Contemporary easy listening, light jazz
- Capacity: 23
- Largest group: 6
- Open since: 2006