- Telephone 0141 564 7988
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.lebowskis.co.uk
Jump to comments (19)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Themed around the Coen Brothers’ cult movie, it’s easy to assume that this Finnieston bar-restaurant is beholden to tacky gimmickry. But there’s much more to Lebowskis beyond a big picture of the Dude, bowling-pin adorned fittings (homage to his Dudeness’s favourite pastime) and an extensive White Russians menu (El Duderino’s favourite drink). With a kitchen that shows serious dedication to local, seasonal and ethical sourcing in their Scottish-centric menu, this is pub grub that often goes above and beyond – take a Stornoway stack black pudding starter, beautifully presented between a horizontally halved spiced apple. Lebowskis’ burgers are among the best in town, while mains with a twist include haggis lasagne. Honour his ever-abiding Dude with a Caucasian cocktail, in varieties ranging from classic (vodka-Kahlua-milk) to, um, classy (Buckfast-Kahlua-milk).
- High point: A minor refurbishment = more seats
- Low point: Some of the booths are uncomfortably pokey
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul/pop
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2007
- House wine: £13 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 16 reviews of Lebowskis./5 from RSS feed of these comments