This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 636 5858
- Food served Wed–Sat 10am–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sun 10am–2.30pm, 5–9pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Pre-theatre times Wed–Fri 5–6.30pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.canastabistro.co.uk
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
Within a pizza throw of Hampden stadium, Canasta has become a celebrated restaurant in Glasgow's Mount Florida – an area not known for great dining options. It's cosy inside, with chequered tablecloths and scatter cushions contributing to an informal bistro feel. The kitchen is a part of the dining space, so you can watch flames from the hob as you sip your wine, giving the feeling that you're in a home, rather than a restaurant. Serving staff are incredibly friendly, accommodating every need. There's an inviting and imaginative selection of menus and meal deals. It's more Italian-style with a few eccentric dishes, rather than pure Italian. For antipasto the mini fondue pot comes with succulent meatballs in a rich, creamy parmesan sauce, accompanied by garlic bread to mop up. There's a good selection of fish and seafood for main course. The fish-cakes are crisp on the outside, with soft flakes of potato, pink salmon and strong smoked haddock. Desserts include melting chocolate pudding, a little sweet bomb of delight, served with ice cream. Canasta is a wee gem of a restaurant.
- High point: Great value for money
- Low point: Tables a bit too close together
- Number of wines sold by the glass: Three
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Screened music videos and contemporary easy listening
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £11.90 per bottle
- BYOB: £4.90 corkage
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Canasta Bistro./5 from RSS feed of these comments