Sonny & Vito's
- Telephone 0141 357 0640
- Seasonal times Winter: Mon–Sun 9am–6pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–8pm; Sun 10am–7pm.
- Average price £5 (soup/sandwich)
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
From its perfectly positioned outdoor tables that maximise any available sunshine long into the evening, to the large oak table that sees customers sit side by side, and its well-stocked deli with all manner of Italian and Spanish products, Sonny & Vito’s exudes an overwhelmingly Mediterranean feel. Lunchtimes are jam-packed with diners enjoying light bites such as the warm chorizo and red onion sandwich or the daily soup offering, served with a chunk of organic bread. Whatever your selection, aim to save a space for a slab of the moist homemade carrot cake; the highlight among a wide array of freshly prepared baking. The introduction of an alcohol licence last summer has added another dimension to this well-established café, first opened in 2007, with a new flow of customers arriving in the evening to kick back with a glass of the Sicilian house wine and enjoy Kelvinbridge’s own slice of continental Europe.
- High point: Outdoor seating located in a wonderful sun-trap
- Low point: Communal seating arrangement is not to everyone’s taste
- Notable dish: Warm chorizo, red onion and mayo sandwich
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: BBC Radio 2
- Capacity: 23
- Largest group: No reservations
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Sonny & Vito's./5 from RSS feed of these comments