Sonny & Vito's
- Telephone 0141 357 0640
- Seasonal times Winter: Mon–Sun 9am–6pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–8pm; Sun 10am–7pm.
- Average price £5 (soup/sandwich)
Jump to or comments (5)
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Proprietor Mario Pelosi at last making use of an alcohol licence for his classy little Italian-style deli and café near Kelvingrove Park is a welcome improvement. Beer and wine can now be served with the consistently impressive, organic produce-oriented Mediterranean-flavoured food, with opening hours extended a little to suit – watch the outdoor tables buzz with patrons on Glasgow’s rare warm summer evenings. The half-sandwich – Isle of Mull cheddar, rosemary roast ham and wholegrain mustard is a particularly recommended filling – and cup of soup deal is an unexpectedly filling lunchtime favourite. Hot dishes such as homemade Italian sausage roll or shortcrust tarts, both served with new potatoes and salad, suffice as a light dinner as much as they do lunch. Leave room for a slice of freshly baked sponge cake, in flavours varying day-to-day from white chocolate and lime to Tunisian orange and chilli.
- High point: Continental deli sundries galore
- Low point: Unimaginative Radio 2 soundtrack
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: BBC Radio 2
- Capacity: 23
- Largest group: No reservations
- Open since: 2007
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Sonny & Vito's./5 from RSS feed of these comments