- Telephone 0141 332 5300
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–11pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun 5–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–6.30pm
- Average price £9.90 (noon–2pm); £12.90 (2–4pm); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.90
- Website www.allaturca.co.uk
Jump to comments (6)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
As aromas from Scottish scallops and a delicious pomegranate salad wash over the room, under the soft glow from hanging lanterns, it’s easy to imagine that outside is somewhere more exotic than Glasgow. An engaging subtlety runs through everything here: live Turkish music melodically melts into the background and the marriage of traditional cuisine to Scottish ingredients is a thoughtful blend not an awkward fusion. While the spiced grilled Stirling lamb is delicious and the swordfish soft-flaking and temptingly buttery, it’s the intriguing mezzes which best highlight both the quality and the innovative approach. Served in sleek steel compartments, a generous variety of consistently high standard dishes include rich, nutty hummus with fresh flat bread, stuffed vine leaves and grilled halloumi – all worth savouring. However, the adventurous wild mezze is where the menu shines and the concept is most expertly delivered: Scottish beef carpaccio with asparagus and lamb meatballs with beetroot are bold yet delicately balanced combinations. Friendly and knowledgeable staff help with these ventures into the unknown and, combined with an original approach to a well-travelled culinary route, make Alla Turca a trip worth taking.
- High point: Innovative and unusual mezze
- Low point: Desserts in the shadow of the exceptional mains
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Turkish Pop on CDs when no live music.
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2007
- House wine: £14.90 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Alla Turca./5 from RSS feed of these comments