Cherry and Heather Fine Foods
- Telephone 0141 427 0272
- Opening times Closed Sat/Sun
- Food served Mon–Fri 10am–5pm.
- Average price (set lunch)
- Typical order tomato and lentil soup with sandwich of meatballs in Indonesian peanut sauce (£4.80)
- Website www.cherryandheather.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
An oasis in the Cessnock food desert, Cherry and Heather is a tiny deli-cafe offering gourmet sandwiches along with vegan soups, hot and cold speciality drinks and home-baking. The menu is full of interesting and tasty combinations such as beetroot, honeyed goat’s cheese pâté and mixed seeds, or kaffir lime and lemongrass chicken with red peppers. Dishes are peppered with Southeast Asian influences such as the meatball sandwich with peanut sauce or delicious Indonesian-style chicken noodle soup. Despite the compact space, they also manage to cram in a few seats and sell a small range of goods to take away including luxury biscuits, tea, chocolate and porridge. Genuinely worth a special trip to Cessnock.
- High point: Top quality everything
- Low point: Slim chance of getting a table at peak time
- Delivery: Delivery for corporate catering
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 7
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2006
Reviews & features
The best breadmakers (and sellers) in Edinburgh and Glasgow7 Mar 2011
Au Gourmand, Patisserie Dujardin and McGhee's Family Bakers
The appearance of more small artisan bakeries points to an increasing awareness of and demand for proper bread, both from the public and the operations serving them. Around the sandwich shops of the capital Au Gourmand, the Gorgie-based but…
Down under - Glasgow's South Side10 Sep 2009
The West End might shout louder and jangle its designer bracelets more ostentatiously, but for its many residents, the gigantic, sprawling mass of the South Side is the true heart of Glasgow. As many local historians and geographers have observed…
Comments & ratings
Average rating 4 reviews of Cherry and Heather Fine Foods./5 from RSS feed of these comments