Mise en Place
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 424 4600
- Food served Sun–Wed 9am–5pm; Thu–Sat 9am–9pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.misenplace.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
The locals in Pollokshields are very lucky to have this café/deli on their doorstep. It’s the ideal place to visit when faced with an empty fridge. Bright airy clean space with a reassuringly small menu, given the size of the room. The simple starters include home-made soup, smoked salmon and a delicious tart of the day. There’s also a good warm goat's cheese salad and classic bresaola with rocket and parmesan. Mains include a heart-warmingly good lasagne, and an equally gratifying beef chilli, although it's lacking a real kick. The warm black pudding, poached egg and bacon salad sits alongside classics like caesar salad and a club sandwich. Desserts are all home-made and include a great, chewy-in-the-middle meringue and, although ubiquitous these days, an above-average sticky toffee pudding. The wine list represents good value and, though a small selection, it complements the menu really well. Mise en place is all about good value, good service, and understated top-quality food. Oh, and they serve tablet with great coffee to finish.
- High point: Fresh, wholesome, homely food
- Low point: Evenings limited to Thu, Fri and Sat
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz, Classic Movie Soundtracks
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Reviews & features
Down under - Glasgow's South Side10 Sep 2009
The West End might shout louder and jangle its designer bracelets more ostentatiously, but for its many residents, the gigantic, sprawling mass of the South Side is the true heart of Glasgow. As many local historians and geographers have observed…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Mise en Place./5 from RSS feed of these comments