See Woo Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 331 6105
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–11pm.
- Average price £9.80 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.seewoorestaurant.com
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
See Woo is a cavernous hall attached to Scotland's biggest Chinese supermarket. Ideal for large weddings and New Year celebrations, the vast dining area is bookended by a stage and a bar. Tanks of fish keep some younger diners entertained but, while some are decorative, the shellfish are clearly destined for the kitchen. Reflecting its unassuming, friendly ambience, dishes are presented simply, but colours spring from every plate thanks to an abundance of fresh vegetables. Sliced monkfish is served with asparagus and a light black bean sauce. The fish is firm, meaty, and moreish, with crispy salted edges. Chicken in Shanghai sauce is tender, but not overly spicy. At lunchtime the See Woo specialises in dim sum. The sticky little parcels are packed with powerful and unexpected flavours; fresh coriander, chicken with peanuts, smoky pieces of pork. The food in See Woo is fresh and flavoursome, and although its size makes it best suited to large groups, it's certainly worth making the journey, especially if you pop into their expansive supermarket as well.
- High point: Dim sum to die for
- Low point: Canteen like atmosphere
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Private dining: 1 x 25, 2 x 15
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music
- Music on stereo: Soft rock ballads
- Capacity: 500
- Largest group: 3-400
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of See Woo Restaurant./5 from RSS feed of these comments