- Telephone 0131 667 1110
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5:30–11pm; Sun 5.30–11pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5.30–8pm; Fri/Sat 5.30–7pm; Sun 5:30–11pm.
- Average price £7.99 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.99
- Website www.celadonrestaurant.co.uk
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Lying just far enough outside the city centre to be considered off the beaten track, Causewayside is never the less blessed with some decent dining options, of which Celadon is one of the best. The atmosphere is casual but homely thanks to some rustic décor and attentive, friendly staff. The well-priced set menus on offer diners the chance to sample a whole host of dishes from across the menu while the à la carte menu offers up plenty of classic, nicely executed Thai dishes. Sticky ribs deliver everything the name promises with melt-off-the-bone pork covered in a thick red wine, ginger and honey sauce. Lovers of moules marinière will likely be delighted by the Thai-style steamed mussels, which are loaded with lemongrass and holy basil. Trusting to the chefs selections is another safe bet as both the massaman lamb and the Bangkok beef are hearty dishes packed with flavour, the latter served in the traditional ceramic pot from which the restaurant takes its name.
- High point: Fragrant, succulent mussels
- Low point: Menu could be more ambitious
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- Private dining: Up to 22 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: contemporary jazz
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Celadon./5 from RSS feed of these comments