- Telephone 0141 333 1122
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–10.30pm; Sun 12.30–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri noon–7pm; Sat noon–3pm.
- Average price £13.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.amaronerestaurant.co.uk
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Scallops wrapped in pancetta is a good way to start in this large, airy and stylish basement dining room. The portion is generous and the scallops not overcooked. The antipasto misto is described as a signature dish, but is a little disappointing. It suffers from being portion controlled and although, amongst a few other items, there is parma ham, bresaolo and mortadella you only get one slice of each. Pasta mains are a safe bet, the tagliolini trastevere a garlicky mix of chicken, tomatoes, pancetta and basil. Fresh linguine alle vongole is rich, creamy and features a healthy number of clams. The pan-fried duck breast lacks flavour confirming that pizzas and pastas are what they do best. To finish, the coppa amarena is great. You can’t go wrong with good vanilla ice cream and these wonderful Italian cherries marinated in syrup. A popular place, booking is advised at weekends.
- High point: Some tasty pasta dishes
- Low point: Don't stray off the standards
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: The Rat Pack/jazz
- Capacity: 125
- Largest group: 125
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Amarone./5 from RSS feed of these comments