- Telephone 0131 226 6055
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11.30am–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun noon–7pm
- Average price £16.50 (lunch); £16.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.amicusapple.com
Jump to comments (13)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Like most bars in the commercial heart of the New Town, this informal restaurant and trendy cocktail spot has to balance the needs of a varied crowd with a veneer of stylish desirability at all times. The food is not bad, although perhaps the victim of typical overpricing in the area. At under a tenner the Asian chicken katsu or New York deli sandwich might represent best value, while the Korean-style duck breast with ramen noodles is a little bland – but the £5 weekday lunch choices, including Caesar salad or a club sandwich, have a lot going for them. With an impressive cocktail list, and a hint of designer aloofness at all times, this semi-subterranean bar comes into its own as a central pre-club destination at the weekend.
- High point: One of the better choices in the heart of the city.
- Low point: Excels more as a cocktail bar than as a restaurant.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed bag
- Capacity: 68 seating; 160 standing
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 8 reviews of Amicus Apple./5 from RSS feed of these comments