- Telephone 0131 225 5005
- Opening times Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 8am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 7.30am–10.30pm.
- Average price £17 (lunch); £28 (evening meal)
- Website www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The flagship venue of the Montpelier Group, Tigerlily is boutique hotel, bar, restaurant and club rolled into one. Its lavishly styled and maze-like interior includes internal courtyards (where smoking is permitted), private booths and a number of nooks and crannies to explore. Under the revolving glitter balls, a dressed-up crowd sips on cocktails and dines from a large menu that includes sharing platters and a luxurious crustacea section. With mains averaging £19, it's not cheap for casual dining but quality is evident in some dishes such as a haunch of venison with pearl barley, which sees a great piece of game cooked perfectly medium rare. Other dishes such as black pepper tortellini are a little lacking in flavour and texture although the accompanying tomato sauce is fresh and well seasoned. On-the-ball staff help smooth over any rough edges with polished but personal service. While not for the faint-hearted, Tigerlily is a slick operation that offers a hit of glamour and good times without taking itself too seriously.
- High point: Sultry lighting, glittery things, beautiful people and pheromones
- Low point: Loud and omnipresent beats don't make for low-key intimate dining
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 33
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Up-beat, dance, urban
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £19.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Valentine's Day: Holidays from home3 Feb 2010
Enjoy some Valentine’s Day decadence without being too irresponsible: book yourself into a central city hotel and you’ll still make it into the office the next morning. We round up some of the V-Day packages on offer The upper-class love in Howard…
Glass half full - 42Below cocktail world cup10 Sep 2009
It was a battle of the ages. A dozen warriors armed with silver shakers, crushed ice and angostura bitters striving to become the finest cocktail creator in the world. The Glasgow and Edinburgh heats of the 42Below Vodka cocktail World Cup took place at…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Tigerlily./5 from RSS feed of these comments