Spirit of Thai
- Telephone 0131 228 9333
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–11.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm; Sun 1–11.30pm.
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website www.spiritofthai.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Sandwiched as it is between two of the capital’s foremost arts venues, the Usher Hall and the Lyceum Theatre, this smallish concern will never lack for footfall. Pleasant and unobtrusive staff, gold-accented décor and soft lighting on small tables establish a mellow ambience; however, in this production, corners seem to have been cut where they ought to have remained intact. Pallid chicken lets down the dishes in which it features, and sauces can be over-sweet and somewhat one-dimensional. On the other hand, vegetarians and vegans fare better here, with an impressive variety of menu options drawn from across the spectrum of Thai cuisine, and a robustly fresh and light vegetable tempura enlivening the good range of starters.
- High point: Excellent range of vegetarian choices and a zingy house white
- Low point: A sense of cooking-by-numbers at times
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hits from the musicals
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 37
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £6 corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Spirit of Thai./5 from RSS feed of these comments