- Telephone 0141 334 8999
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £4.95 (set lunch)
- Website www.nakedsoup.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
In an area thronging with coffee shops, Naked Soup brings something a little bit different. While they hold their own with customary café offerings such as paninis, baking and a good range of hot and cold drinks, the star of the show is their speciality soup. Made on site every day are three interesting healthy and seasonal choices such as lentil, sweet potato and coconut and a curry or casserole. These form part of the £4.95 deal and come served with a huge hunk of fresh bread, piece of fruit and drink. Courteous counter service, natural light and the carefully considered interior keep the compact space cosy rather than hectic. Also worth checking out is the extensive all-day breakfast menu – not just fry-up and filled rolls but also organic porridge, filled croissants, waffles, bagels and pancakes with maple syrup.
- High point: Good value lunch deal
- Low point: Can feel a bit cramped when busy
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie folk
- Capacity: 26
- Open since: 2005
Reviews & features
The best breakfasts in Glasgow29 Mar 2012
The best all-rounders in the west, plus a few specific breakfast-item highlights
Café Gandolfi 64 Albion Street, 552 6813, cafegondolfi.com Breakfast served: Mon-Sat 8am-noon; Sun 9am-noon. The long-standing, Scottish cuisine-focused eatery has beefed up its breakfasts in recent years, resulting in a menu with eight different egg…
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Naked Soup./5 from RSS feed of these comments