- Telephone 0141 222 2255
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat 12.30pm–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5–6.30pm
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.cafeandaluz.com
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Café Andaluz has been in business for ten years, opening first in the West End before adding a City Centre branch in 2006, and then a third outpost in Edinburgh. Sharing menus, prices, deals and décor (Spanish ceramics and Moorish lighting) makes for an efficient, dependable product, but while a meal here is unlikely to be a hugely memorable one, the food is generally pretty good. Meat dishes especially are handled well; pig cheeks melt into a rich, unctuous sauce spiked with chilli and honey, and lamb chops, duck leg and fillet steak are welcome additions to the usual tapas list of meatballs and chorizo. Elsewhere it can be a bit hit and miss, with juicy big prawns working well in garlicky oil for gambas pil pil, while baby chipirone squid are so tiny they’re overwhelmed by their own batter. Well-drilled service comes from a front-of-house team that seems to include a few Spaniards, the coffee is great and there’s a decent wine and beer offering. A safe choice for a large group outing.
- High point: Good venue for an office party or similar outing
- Low point: A few duffers among otherwise good tapas
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Spanish and generic Latin pop
- Capacity: 124
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Café Andaluz./5 from RSS feed of these comments