- Telephone 0141 632 1630
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–6pm.
- Average price £4 (set lunch)
- Typical order Parma ham, pesto and sun-blush tomato on focaccia (£3.60)
- Website www.deli1901.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This deli has focus and business flair. Its main market is in high-quality delicatessen foods both internationally sourced and home prepared, ranging from Italian cooking sausages to a crusty freshly baked salmon en croute. The eat-in area is spacious and ideal for people-watching and spills out onto a wide south-west facing pavement sheltered by awnings from sun and rain. Its soup and sandwich deal is one of the best in the area with homemade lentil soup as a staple and crispy baguette sandwiches well-filled with for example house pâté and salad with strong and delicious accompanying coffee. A recent innovation is the link up with Home Comforts, a gourmet foods home delivery service, which has quickly expanded to deliver deli items as well, thus filling what appears to be a genuine foodie gap in the burgeoning home delivery market.
- High point: A one-stop foodie haven
- Low point: Both food and drinks could be hotter
- Delivery: No charge
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Radio selection
- Capacity: 16
- Open since: 2005
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Deli 1901./5 from RSS feed of these comments