Itchycoo Bar & Kitchen
- Telephone 0131 473 6517
- Opening times Mon–Fri 7am–midnight; Sat 8.30am–1am; Sun 8.30am–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Fri 9am–midnight; Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–10.30pm.
- Average price £17 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website www.radissonblu.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
It would be easy to dismiss Radisson Blu’s Itchycoo as just another hotel-restaurant tourist trap, all sleek, glossy surfaces and anonymity, but that would be to do it a disservice. With tables and booths dotted around a central bar area, the atmosphere and welcome are warmer than your standard hotel dining room, and the food is also a cut above. While the expected lounge-bar meals are all present and correct – lasagne, steak pie, fish and chips – the star of the show is the innovative 'tapas-inspired' menu, available every evening and featuring an eclectic range of dishes. A bowl of mixed seafood is crisp in its crumb coating and cooked with a light touch. Portobello mushrooms are enhanced by a topping of roast peppers and Dunsyre blue cheese, while a portion of butternut squash arancini is big enough to be a main course in its own right. To finish, a dessert of brandy baskets with lemon and pineapple cream and honeycomb crunch is a simply delicious combination. Newspapers and rolling TV news provide distraction for lone diners, and highchairs and a kids' menu are available for the youngest ones, so all bases are covered in this surprising Royal Mile hideaway.
- High point: The interesting tapas menu
- Low point: Too easy to order too much
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- No. overnight rooms: 238
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: lounge music
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Itchycoo Bar & Kitchen./5 from RSS feed of these comments