- Telephone 0141 221 1616
- Food served Mon–Fri 11.30am–2pm, 5pm–midnight; Sat/Sun 5pm–midnight.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–6.45pm
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.indiaquay.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
It would be a mistake to judge India Quay by its shiny, corporate appearance. It is a family-run concern from the people behind the Himalaya restaurant in Paisley Road West – which claims to have served the first staff curries and home-style dishes in Glasgow. The menu is an unusual combination of Scottish-Indian crowd-pleasers and some excellent, authentic-tasting desi-style Punjabi dishes. As a result it has an extensive and balanced selection of vegetarian options and could be the best place in the city for the curry-loving veggie. There’s also a fantastic deal on the buffet every evening – £12.95 for a spread that includes a good selection of meat and veggie dishes plus a gulab jamun to finish. The only grumble is one of inconsistency, and the price of a dish is no guide at all; the dhal and the mushroom paneer are stunning, the more expensive tandoori salmon, not as exceptional. But a few words with the enthusiastic staff might guide diners towards the more authentic stuff. And there is always the staff curry.
- High point: Delicious dhal
- Low point: Doughy naan
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Delivery: Local by foot only
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 180
- Largest group: 180
- Open since: 2005