- Telephone 0141 221 9251
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am, Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 2–6pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.charcoals.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Charcoals has been lavished with awards in the past year, picking up a Best of Glasgow title in the Scottish Curry Awards and Outstanding Maitre d’ in the Glasgow Restaurant Awards. It is immediately apparent why manager Ali scooped the accolade as he buzzes around the bustling city centre restaurant, polite and attentive to every table’s requirements. He has made his mark by removing the takeaway area from the front in favour of a more cosy restaurant feel, as well as insisting on daily deliveries of chicken and fish, and that all spices are ground on the premises. His efforts on food quality are self-evident in the restaurant’s succulent Lahori fish pakora, jhinga masala and chicken tikka Charcoals. For hungry souls, the sizzling tandoori mix grill offers tantalising fulfilment. The rear area could still do with a spruce up but faded wall murals, plastic dessert menus and wine lists, and soft drinks in cans create a rather charming café vibe. Very informal Charcoals may be, but once through the doors Ali's enthusiasm will guarantee you will be back.
- High point: Dazzling service
- Low point: Could do with a décor revamp
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian music, Soft Rock, Easy listening
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2004 (New management since 2011)
- House wine: £12.90 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Charcoals./5 from RSS feed of these comments