- Telephone 0141 553 1010
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon/Tue noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Wed–Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5–7.30pm; Fri 5–7pm; Sat 5–6.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.arisaigrestaurant.co.uk
Jump to comments (14)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
You’d think Arisaig’s location around that climate-free covered-style courtyard would pull in weather-beaten punters all day long, but although evening crowds throng, the cobbled delights of Merchant Square are a tad more sedate around lunchtime which is a shame because it feels like a unique location for a stylish and tasteful restaurant like this. Smoked brie tart makes a perfect starter with its light crumbled base and sweet red onion filling as does a punchy broccoli and blue cheese soup – simply but artfully cooked. Main course of wild mushroom risotto is rich, buttery and earthy, leaving some lively finishing highlights of lemon and thyme lingering while fat venison sausages come with some sharp accompaniments of juniper sauce and onion jam in a dense black pudding mash. The restaurant sits on two levels and upstairs hosts a novel pop-up initiative every six to eight weeks. Upcoming events include the ‘The Whole Hog’ where diners will be introduced to delectable but unfamiliar pork cuts, and occasional champagne bars.
- High point: Nice outlook over the cobbled courtyard …
- Low point: which is bustling and loud at weekends
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 80's and 90's pop
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of Arisaig./5 from RSS feed of these comments