- Telephone 0141 226 4309
- Opening times Mon–Wed 11.30am–9.30pm; Thu–Sat 11.30am–11pm; Sun noon–8pm
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4–7pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.socialanimal.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Darcy’s commands a large corner position on the basement courtyard of upmarket Princes Square − decked out faux al fresco French café style − all wicker chairs and flower baskets. It’s a hotspot for coffee and cake junkies, the shopping masses and cocktail crowd morning to late. A few French classics such as steak frites, beouf bourguignon, moules marinière and mousse au chocolat sit among a much wider continental offering. Cocktails take on a creative twist including 'skinny' low calorie or creamier 'liquid dessert' options. For mains the seafood linguine is nicely al dente − sweet tiger prawns, salmon, and clams are well balanced by peppery spiced tomato sauce. Why they call a cheese platter a cheese trolley is a mystery? That aside, it’s supplied by award-winning cheesemonger George Mewes and worth every last crumb.
- High point: Cheeeeese
- Low point: Veg antipasti platter a bit slapdash
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Elbow / mainstream rock and pop
- Capacity: 160
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Darcy's./5 from RSS feed of these comments