- Telephone 0131 553 5900
- Bar open Mon–Fri 2pm–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun 1pm–midnight.
- Website www.bodabar.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Other than the elk antlers adorning one wall and a few intriguingly flavoured Scandinavian ciders in the fridge, there are few obvious signs that this bar takes its inspiration from Sweden, even though it has since spawned a veritable Viking invasion of Leith. Decorated in a decidedly miscellaneous manner – with a large paper shark patrolling the airspace above the Jagermeister, and a scatter of seats that resemble fairytale toadstools – its style is decidedly hard to pin down. Not that this matters, as Boda is a laidback yet lively place to hang out with Leith’s hipsters, enjoy Black Isle Blonde on tap and, perhaps, experience some novelty shots – even the first coffee tequila tastes a good deal better than it should.
- High point: Oddball Scandinavian charm
- Low point: More alluring after dark
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 17
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A wide Spotify selection
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £13.30 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best bars in and around Leith3 Jun 2010
David Pollock suggests the finest locations for a festival beverage, or two
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Boda Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments