- Telephone 0131 225 6060
- Opening times Mon–Sun 10am–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–10pm; Thu–Sat noon–11pm (pizza till 1am)
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.sygn.co.uk
Jump to comments (8)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Tucked away down a West End lane, the potentially secret Sygn deserves a wide audience. An appealing but not overtly flamboyant retro-chic interior includes a private party area for your own shindig, with service that is positively chummy. ‘I Heart Burgers’, they loudly proclaim, and there’s no denying it with their stacked affairs of garlic mushroom or lamb and red pepper, while the pizzas and steaks are also well worth a shout. The temptation might be to jump straight on to a main dish, but that would be missing out on very flavoursome antipasti, while at the other end the luscious strawberry shortcake sundae will truly finish you off. They certainly take the cocktail world seriously, with mixology masterclasses running twice a week. And on that menu sit delights such as the Blue Kamikaze shooter, the Involuntary Blush and Grey Goose Le Fizz.
- High point: Fine service, fine food
- Low point: Cobbles after cocktails?
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- Private dining: 24 for food (40+ for drinks)
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Varied
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 100+
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of Sygn./5 from RSS feed of these comments