- Telephone 0131 555 5564
- Food served Mon–Thu 4.30–11pm; Fri–Sun noon–11pm.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.favorita.vittoriagroup.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
The hectic craft of kneading and folding pizza dough is the first thing you see on entering this busy Leith Walk eatery. Walk past the front counter, through the lively, three-pronged dining area, and you'll notice most diners are working their way through large disks of Italy’s most famous food export. Many argue that La Favorita serves the finest pizza in Edinburgh and it’s hard to disagree. Log-filled ovens imbue a gloriously smoky flavour while cooking the base to a crisp, not brittle, texture. A mammoth sharing platter of cold meats, cheeses and olives is a fine way to start, if not a little over the top in quantity. A cinque formaggi pizza is enough to make any cheese lover drool. Other dishes understandably fall into the shade of the output from the woodburning ovens, but why choose steak when the pizzas are this good?
- High point: The best pizzas in town
- Low point: Non pizza options are less impressive
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- Delivery: Deliveries to postal areas EH1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 15. Order costing less than £40 are charged £1.50. £2 to EH 4 and 9. Free for delivery over £40.
- Private dining: Up to 29 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Generic pop music
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2005
Reviews & features
A guide to some of the best restaurants in Edinburgh16 Feb 2011
The Scottish capital has some of the best restaurants for Scottish cuisine
Some visitors may come to Scotland with a sense of dread that they’ll be force-fed salty porridge or be obliged to eat everything deep fried in fat. It’s true that the more adventurous may well encounter food here they’re unlikely to find elsewhere…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of La Favorita./5 from RSS feed of these comments