- Telephone 0141 334 4040
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun noon–6pm
- Average price £12.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.bothyrestaurant.co.uk
Jump to or comments (10)
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
There is no escaping the Scottish theme in G1's the Bothy, from the kilt-wearing staff to the steak and haggis burgers on the menu. A welcoming space with dark wood walls and soft lighting, it is tucked down cobbled Ruthven Lane in the heart of the bustling West End. Chicken and chorizo terrine is a good opener, as is the dense and filling smoked salmon and sweet potato fishcake served with a pot of smoked garlic and paprika mayonnaise. Nicely priced steak and mushroom pie is rich and warming, served with potatoes or chunky 'proper chips', but the accompanying side of vegetables taste soggy as a result of overcooking. Other ‘traditional Scottish fayre’ on the menu features regional specialities including Stornoway black pudding and Ayrshire lamb. The staff in the Bothy can occasionally seem a bit overwhelmed, and there may be slightly too long pauses between courses – but it's all worth the wait. Worth a sample is the excellent 'Braw Deal Menu', available daily between noon and 6pm, where two courses are just over a tenner.
- High point: Simon Howie steaks
- Low point: Lack of options for vegetarians
- Private dining: 24 / 8
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie/rock
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2004
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of The Bothy./5 from RSS feed of these comments