- Telephone 0141 560 8004
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10.30am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri 10.30am–8pm; Sat/Sun 10.30am–8pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.bloodymarys.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Bloody Marys this good can make the rest look bad. That’s not so much of a surprise; enjoy some more while looking at the name on the sign outside – it’ll all make sense. This stylized and lightly eccentric bar in the heart of the West End gets away from the crowds but still connects to a bustling local scene. This cocktail specialist's menu offers an innovative taste map to help you choose – revealing something of an offbeat approach. While old-fashioned cocktails make a welcome reappearance, among the innovations the Holmby Hill is skilfully blended and delicately drinkable. A conventional bar food menu is augmented by interesting small plates and specials – salmon frittata and gluten-free crab fritters show both freshness and diligent attention to detail. They also offer a special soup and sandwich deal whenever it rains – in Glasgow that’s commendably generous.
- High point: Classy cocktails
- Low point: Not enough outdoor seats
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Folk, rock
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle