- Telephone 0141 332 7728
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2pm, 5–11pm; Sat noon–2pm, 5–11pm; Sun 5–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–6.45pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £21 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.dragon-i.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Smart and modern, Dragon-i occupies prime pre-theatre position opposite the facelifted Theatre Royal. The restaurant focuses on contemporary Eastern cuisine, served by friendly, well-organised staff, making it popular with a wide range of customers. The menu is concise, combining traditional Chinese ingredients with Scottish produce such as west coast mussels and local beef. Crispy pancakes wrapped around Stornaway black pudding are a step up from the deep-fried version at the local chippy, but just as satisfying. If black pudding is not for you, the vegetable tempura is equally appealing; light, airy and sprinkled with chilli and spring onions. Main courses are generous: thick slices of jasmine duck breast are served on a bed of white cabbage with a delicately sweet hoisin sauce, while 'hoi seen har' is king prawns skewered on asparagus, served with plenty of vegetables and a pleasantly spicy sauce. A side order of pak choi with garlic and ginger is juicy and flavoursome, and the freshly flambéed lychee crème brûlée closes the meal with Dragon-i's signature fusion of flavours.
- High point: Garlic butter fried rice
- Low point: Check the theatre programme before visiting
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening pop
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Dragon-i./5 from RSS feed of these comments