- Telephone 0141 229 1468
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30–10pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.wagamama.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The enduring popularity of Japanese food in the UK is in no small part down to this national chain of dependable and popular noodle bars. The original Glasgow branch in West George Street is easily reached from all the main shopping thoroughfares and city centre offices, while its younger sister is to be found in the Silverburn shopping centre. Both can get pretty busy at peak times, though queues move quickly, as customers are whisked down to their bench seats by hip young staff. Favourite orders include katsu curries and teppan-fried noodle dishes; side orders like gyozas (steamed Japanese dumplings) and yakitori (skewered, marinated chicken). But more than any of these, diners tend to opt for the ‘ramen’ – zesty, hearty big bowls of ramen noodles in broth, filled with thinly sliced meat (or seafood) and lots of eastern vegetables. Slurping is encouraged.
- High point: Choice on the menu
- Low point: The bench seating can be awkward
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Capacity: 144
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £14.25 per bottle