The Glasgow Curry Shop
- Telephone 0141 357 5280
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–10 30pm; Fri-Sat noon–11pm; Sun 1–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Available until 6.30pm, including over lunchtime
- Average price £5.50 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.theweecurryshopglasgow.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Previously a branch of Mother India Monir's three Wee curryhouses, the renamed, revamped Glasgow Curry Shop is a haven for casual dining within the hustle and bustle of Ashton Lane. Celebrating the entrepreneurs who positioned curryhouses as an essential part of the Glaswegian dining tradition, you’ll find a unique gallery of photographs dedicated to many of the city’s restaurateurs and their well-known establishments. The food reflects careful spicing. The butter chicken is an excusable indulgence – rich, mild and decadent, while kofta (lamb meatballs) and egg curry is a deeper, spicier example of an adventurous alternative which might prompt interest and equally delight many a palate. For those who enjoy trying something new, treat yourself to a daily special, which accent the versatility of Indian cooking, with varied ingredients often featuring. You’ll find no frilly descriptions from the simple blackboard – haddock and lime pakora, lamb with leeks or ginger lime chicken can all make an appearance. Amplifying the warmth of the small dining room, the hospitable and friendly staff are accommodating with requests and knowledgeable about curries and the curry scene.
- High point: Great hospitable service with a high standard of cooking
- Low point: It's still wee by nature so tables limited
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 29
- Largest group: 29
- Open since: 2011
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £3.50 corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of The Glasgow Curry Shop./5 from RSS feed of these comments