This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 572 0661
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7pm
- Average price £8.50 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.50
- Website amalfipizzeria.co.uk
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
This small but enduringly popular restaurant is handily located in the City Centre and well placed for theatre and cinema goers. The galley kitchen and expansive windows create a welcoming atmosphere for diners. Valpolicella proves great value among the wines and a perfect companion to the range of pizzas and pastas on offer. Mountainous deep-fried mozzarella sticks are crispy and addictive, while the bruschetta neatly balances sweet and crunchy. Parma ham pizza has a wonderfully light base though the sauce doesn’t quite offset the saltiness of the ham. The chicken chianti is an unusual dish with grapes, which pulls off its blend of seemingly odd ingredients. A range of traditional desserts will suit everyone and the tartufo nero has a rich and creamy zabaglione centre. With friendly staff warming the atmosphere, a wide range of reliable dishes and the tasteful décor added to the generous afternoon lunch deal, Amalfi will remain a popular option for an unplanned central bite.
- High point: Generous portions so go when hungry
- Low point: Mood lighting constantly changing
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Italian/Easy Listening
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2002
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Amalfi Pizzeria./5 from RSS feed of these comments