This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 466 9777/466 9888
- Food served Mon–Fri noon-2.30pm, 5–11.30pm; Sat noon–11.30pm; Closed Sun.
- Average price £9.90 (set lunch); £18.50 (evening meal)
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
A stone’s throw from some of Edinburgh’s best cinemas and theatres, Izzi is perfectly located for some pre or post theatre snacking or full on dining, although they may be missing a trick with no pre-theatre set menus. A rarity among sushi bars, it stays open ‘til 11.30pm for those late night sashimi cravings. Sit by the huge glass shop front window and watch Lothian Road revellers go by, or in the featureless back room - warmer, but somewhat lacking in atmosphere. Serving both Chinese and Japanese food, a platter of mixed sushi is attractively presented and tasty and a main of udon noodles in a salty broth with crispy vegetable tempura is comforting and filling. A plate of squid teppanyaki with rice however is rubbery and tasteless. It may be wiser to stick to the sushi. A new addition to the menu, lunchtime bento boxes for £8.90.
- High point: Well located for pre and post theatre dining
- Low point: Some dishes disappoint
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Children's portions
- Music on stereo: Pop ballads
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2002
- House wine: £12 per bottle
- BYOB: £3 corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Izzi./5 from RSS feed of these comments