- Telephone 0141 632 4222
- Food served Diner: Mon–Sun 9am–11pm. Restaurant: Wed 5–10.30pm; Fri 5–10.30pm; Sat/Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Thu–Sun 5–6.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.crolla.com
Jump to comments (13)
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
From the street Bella Napoli looks like a run-of-the-mill Italian deli, but discerning food lovers know that through the back, past the racks of wine and tins of olives, is a reliable restaurant of some worth. While the front cafe offers casual, informal food, like authentic pizza and frothy cappuccinos, the rear restaurant has finer dining in mind. The decor is stylish, luxurious even, with an elegant circular booth and leather high-backed sofa making two striking design features. Walls are covered with vibrant modern art representations of Italy depicting everything from football to Venetian architecture. Vivacious staff add to the colourful atmosphere. Starters include calamari rings with a mayonnaise dip. Delightfully fishy, non-rubbery rings of squid lightly fried, just perfect. For main course the chicken Capri is a curious Italian option. Thin, flattened breast of chicken flavoured with wine and limoncello liqueur, it is sweet, fruity and unusual. For afters try calzone style dessert pizza, stuffed with warm melted chocolate and fresh strawberries with vanilla ice cream, one portion will keep two diners more than happy.
- High point: The dessert pizza
- Low point: The portrait of former head chef Nello
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Post-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian Euro pop
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2001
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Bella Napoli./5 from RSS feed of these comments