- Telephone 0141 357 1881
- Food served Mon–Wed 10am–7.30pm; Thu–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–6pm
- Average price £9 (lunch); £11.95 (set evening meal)
- Website www.cafejj.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
As this Partick café next to Kelvinhall subway nears its 30th birthday, it shows little sign of losing its appeal for the regulars and passers-by tempted in by its cosy space and comforting menu. Big windows look out onto bustling Dumbarton Road while big blackboards on bare brick are perused by diners looking to order up one of the generous plates of good-value food. Breakfast options include the full monty and bacon butties, while the daytime menu offers a selection of sandwiches and snacks plus more subtantial mains such as burgers, pasta and filled crêpes, plus there are some delicious home-baked cakes. For the late-opening nights it offers a set two- or three-course menu with a few comforting classics to choose from such as soup, pâté or bruschetta to start, and steak and ale pie, braised beef or supreme of chicken as mains.
- High point: Comfort food at comforting prices
- Low point: Dumbarton Rd not the prettiest view
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 1985
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle