- Telephone 0141 333 1333
- Food served Mon–Wed 8.30am–3.30pm; Thu/Fri 8.30am–8pm; Sat 10am–8pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Relatively hidden down a side street between Kelvingrove Park and Sauchiehall Street, this friendly family owned outlet offers home cooked Italian food in a café setting. With its focus on a daytime and early evening clientele, Arcaffe attracts mainly workers from the surrounding offices and families en route from the park – however the owners have plans to alter the interior and opening hours which may ring some changes. The menu has a smattering of generic dishes such as chicken wings, burgers and scampi with chips; but the emphasis lies on the Italian with a good range of staples such as a hearty minestrone, tasty pizzas on an authentic light dough; salads including tuna fagioli and caprese; a long list of classic pastas such as amatriciana, arrabiata and lasagne; and other typical mains and sides such as pollo milanese and bruschetta. If Arcaffe decided to pitch itself more firmly as a restaurant with regular evening hours and the right refurbishment, the cooking would certainly carry it.
- High point: Great pizza dough
- Low point: Italian radio – authentic but cheesy
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- Delivery: £1.50
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian radio
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 55
- Open since: 1998 (2007 under new management)
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle