MacCallum’s of Troon Oyster Bar
- Telephone 01292 319339
- Food served Tue–Sat noon–3pm, 6.30–9.30pm. Sun noon–2.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Sited in an old pumping station, this harbourside seafood restaurant run by fishmongers, with a much-loved fish and chip shop (the Wee Hurrie) next door. Expect an array of fruits of the sea, unload straight from a boat on the establishments door step, and not too much fussing at all.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6: 2 white; 2 red; 1 rosé; 1 prosecco
- Private dining: N
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 43
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 1997
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £10 corkage