- Telephone 01292 261391
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–2pm, 5–9pm; Fri/Sat. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Seven days 6–7pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.fouters.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2010 edition.
Ayr's landmark restaurant was once 18th-century bank vaults, but with space for only about twenty covers the dining room is cosy and intimate all the same. The menu places a heavy emphasis on Scottish ingredients - whether wood pigeon, Stornoway black pudding or Moray Firth seafood.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Swing classics
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 20 during week, 12 at weekends
- Open since: 1977
- House wine: £15.50 per bottle