- Telephone 01294 833544
- Food served Tue 7–9pm; Wed–Sat noon–1.45pm, 7–9pm; Sun noon–1.45pm. Closed Mon. [May–Aug: closed Sun].
- Average price £23 (set lunch); £43 (set evening meal)
- Website www.braidwoods.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Having won a Michelin star in 2000 – still held to this day – Braidwoods exudes a quiet confidence. On the outskirts of Dalry, it has quietly got on with serving extremely good food in an unfussy, modest country setting. Run by husband and wife team Keith and Nicola Braidwood, the small dining room boasts a handful of linen-clad tables, and ostentation is limited to a few colourful original paintings on the walls, the couple instead content to allow the food to be the star.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Up to 12 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 24
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: 1994
- House wine: £22.95 per bottle