New Town Deli
- Telephone 0131 622 7090
- Food served Mon–Fri 7am–4pm; Sat 8am–4pm; Sun 9am–4pm.
- Average price £5 (lunch)
- Website www.thenewtowndeli.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With outlets in Broughton and Canonmills, this café company has the New Town in a pincer. Visit the Henderson Row branch for the full menu. It is a bright room with pine benches against the bay windows to watch the world go by and communal tables that add to a friendly atmosphere. It’s worth spending a few moments reading through the food menu chalked up behind the counter, as there’s a lot to take in. Highlights are the breakfast and the hot sandwiches. Grilled bagels oozing with jarlsberg or stuffed chilli-chicken wraps (all prepared on site) are just the tip of the iceberg though: burgers and club sandwiches give the diner further robust options at real value for this neighbourhood.
- High point: With everything made fresh, you can have it your way
- Low point: Backless chairs mean it may not be a place to linger
- Delivery: Outside catering, businesses etc in the Edinburgh area
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: funky tunes
- Capacity: 22
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2010
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of New Town Deli./5 from RSS feed of these comments