- Telephone 0131 652 3880
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–4pm; Sat 9am–4.30pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £8 (lunch)
- Website www.embo-deli.com
Jump to or comments (2)
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
A long-standing fixture on Haddington Place, Embo squeezes a whole lotta love into a wee bitta space. What could be a simple soup and sandwich joint is elevated by great service and a passion for getting the maximum flavour from the humblest of formats. The modest deli counter packs in an impressive array of potential fillings, allowing customers to create diverse concoctions or go with house favourites such as Belhaven hot-smoked trout with scrambled eggs and pesto for breakfast or the Mexican toasted wrap with zingy chicken, cheese, salsa and jalapeños. Vegetarians are well catered for with falafel, baba ghanoush and tabbouleh supplementing the usual cheese and antipasti options. Amid slightly idiosyncratic décor, rustic hand-carved stools and counters form a small seating area, and the window seats and clutch of outdoor tables are perfect for watching the world go by.
- High point: Some of the tastiest soups, salads, rolls and wraps in town
- Low point: Limited seating
- Delivery: Free delivery to meetings, business lunches, local businesses, etc for orders over £20
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Light dance music
- Capacity: 18
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 1999
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Embo./5 from RSS feed of these comments