- Telephone 0141 632 3427
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–9pm; Sun 9am–9pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A visit to the Brooklyn Café, the 83-year-old godfather of the Shawlands all-day café scene is a real Glasgow treat. There's a steady production of breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner dishes including creamy risottos or the recently introduced grill range starring melt-in-the-mouth, locally sourced produce such as pulled pork buns, double racks or Brooklyn wings – showing a timely return to their American roots. The relaxed setting ensures you are ready to indulge in a tablet and butterscotch sundae, a bulging bacon roll or a generous pizza and pasta combo while the kids have plenty of well-considered options from on a bargain special menu. The minimal BYOB corkage ensures that groups of friends can have a budget-conscious night out without compromising on the quality of the food; and everything on the menu is takeaway.
- High point: A glistening, superbly seasoned, pancetta-packed carbonara
- Low point: A rather pale and tasteless cappuccino
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 20th-century pop compliations by decade
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 1931
- BYOB: £2, 50p beer corkage
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Brooklyn Café./5 from RSS feed of these comments