- Telephone 0141 3329002
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri noon-10.30pm; Sat 10am–10.30pm; Sun 10am–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun noon–6.30pm.
- Average price £5/£6.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.antipasti.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
There is a standard of service and meal in Café Antipasti that is reassuringly consistent if hardly exciting, although this reflects its location at the busy and less-than-intimate end of Sauchiehall Street. The waiting staff are invariably polite, quick and efficient – a necessity when so many of its customers are watching the lunchtime clock or making a pit stop before heading on elsewhere – the wrought iron and wood décor never seems to distress and the lunch and pre-theatre menus offer excellent value for money. The à la carte menu, meanwhile, hovers consistently around the middle grade. A starter of gnocchi in a pesto and parmesan cream is filling and well cooked. The garlic, tomato and basil bruschetta is crisp; the ingredients fresh and flavoursome. Likewise, the spaghetti and meatballs is a satisfyingly tasty main course. Only the wild mushroom risotto, thick with onions and thin on mushrooms, is disappointing. A generous choice of desserts and wines by the glass cover the bases.
- High point: Slick service
- Low point: Thud of feet from the mezzanine
Local favourite Anti Pasti is a friendly little restaurant tucked away in a great location close to Glasgow city centre. The ruggedly rustic interior, designed by a local artisan, blends woodcraft and ironwork in neutral tones to create a relaxed, comfortable dining space. An inviting menu prides itself on blending authentic Italian cooking with modern presentation.
Text supplied by third party.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Private dining: N/A
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz/Easy Listening
- Capacity: 95
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2001
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle