- Telephone 0131 225 6431
- Bar open Sun–Wed 5pm–1am; Thu 4pm–1am; Fri 2.30pm–1am; Sat 1pm–1am.
- Website www.bar-tonic.co.uk
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With its sleek lines, darkened underground vibe and loud, clubby soundtrack in competition with the hubbub of well-oiled conversation, Tonic is very much cut from the same cloth as the style bars of George Street and its surrounding area. Where this place does excel, however, is in its commitment to good cocktails, with a regularly changing list of nearly fifty – split into themed sections based on everything from classic and current movies to an alcohol-based tribute page for Biggie Smalls (RIP) – served by talented young cocktail makers and enhanced by outdoor seating where barbecues take place in summer. Out-of-hours cocktail masterclasses can also be arranged for small groups of up to ten.
- High point: Impressive commitment to cocktails
- Low point: The glossy party-hard George Street ambience may put some off
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Lounge, hip-hop, modern, accoustic
- Capacity: 50 seated, 80 standing
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2000 (2009 under current owners)
- House wine: £13 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 4 reviews of Tonic./5 from RSS feed of these comments