- Telephone 0141 632 5294 / 0141 636 1811
- Food served Sun–Wed 5pm–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–2pm, 5pm–midnight.
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.alishantandoori.co.uk
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
A familiar spot in suburban Battlefield, Alishan Tandoori has been delighting locals for over 25 years. After passing between two huge fish tanks that keep takeaway customers largely out of view of the small dining space, diners can flick through pages of familiar Indian and Pakistani dishes, along with some intriguing house specialities. The menu contains fascinating descriptions of many dishes, which help make decisions on what to choose. From familiar starters, the egg and mushroom puri is a good example of this popular appetizer. More interesting is a spicy mulligatawny soup, dense with meat, lentils and vegetables. The range of mains is mind-boggling, but some do stand out. Co-owner Chico’s choices include a thick maha masala with chicken tikka and minced lamb in a ginger-infused sauce that includes the interesting addition of sweetcorn, nicely balancing the heat. The masalandar range is vibrant to the eye, and sweet and sour on the palate. Alishan gets the basics spot on, and that’s one of the reasons customers keep on coming back; the friendly, helpful staff is another.
- High point: Huge range to choose from
- Low point: Tables a bit close
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Delivery: £1 locally
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Traditional Indian
- Capacity: 44
- Largest group: 44
- Open since: 1987
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Alishan Tandoori./5 from RSS feed of these comments