- Telephone 0131 473 2067
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £6 (set lunch)
- Website www.thehub-edinburgh.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Sitting atop the Royal Mile, and home to the International Festival box office, it is not surprising Cafe Hub is popular with tourists. Recently it has also been trying to attract locals with a mix of takeaway deals and increased emphasis on their own ‘hub-made’ food. Alongside the fairly standard selection of baked potatoes and sandwiches are some more interesting specials such as a daily changing pie – pork, sweet potato and cheese is a nice mix between sweet and savoury. Slightly dry carrot cake and shortbread served straight from the fridge suggest desserts still need some attention. Nevertheless the large outdoor terrace and spacious, cheery and child-friendly interior make for a pleasant coffee spot for tourists and locals alike.
- High point: Great location
- Low point: Disappointing desserts
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: 300/60
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid-back tunes
- Capacity: 96 (126 with outside terrace)
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1999
- House wine: £14.30 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Cafe Hub./5 from RSS feed of these comments