- Telephone 0131 667 7427
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2pm, 6–10.30pm; Sat 5.30–10.30pm; Sun 5–10.15pm
- Average price £13 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.buffalogrill.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Right in the heart of student land, Buffalo Grill has been thriving for 27 years serving up staple grill favourites of burgers, steaks and chicken wings. With so much success, this little restaurant with its cosy wood-panelled interior and mish-mash of old photos of Native Americans on the walls has no need to change. And those who enjoy knowing what to expect will be happy to know it has no intention of doing so. A broad menu includes strong starters including crispy shrimp tempura or a generous portion of pan-fried garlic mushrooms. Steaks are cooked to order, edging towards the underdone and good value with a lean Boston cut coming in at under £14. More ambitious fish mains, including a whole grilled rainbow trout, could do with a little more attention on flavour. It’s worth leaving room for a choice of American desserts ranging from a fluffy mess of banana cream pie to a rich toffee Dime Bar cake.
- High point: Exactly what you’d expect to find on a North American diner menu
- Low point: Steaks standard rather than special
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Unobtrusive, low-key easy listening
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: Sun–Thu: 24.
- Open since: 1986
- BYOB: £1; beer 50p corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Buffalo Grill./5 from RSS feed of these comments