- Telephone 0141 229 1191
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30pm–midnight; Sun 5pm–midnight
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5–7pm
- Average price £8.90 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.90
- Website www.thaisiamglasgow.com
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Thai Siam's unprepossessing exterior in trendy Finnieston disguises a warm and relaxing interior with a neutral colour scheme and Buddha artworks bedecking the walls. The Thai staff maintain a healthy banter with customers, while the cuisine is adapted a little to suit the Glasgow palate meaning it doesn't pile on the heat but the dishes are rife with fragrance of lemongrass and lime and served in generous portions. A starter of gai hor bai toey is a fragrant chicken breast wrapped and steamed in padana leaves a pleasant blend of flavours enhanced by sweet tamarind dip. From the mains, whole chargrilled sea bass is served in a foil parcel fizzing in its own juices with peppers and a lively tomato sauce – it's light and juicy with a perky chilli afterglow. The green curry is among the best in town. Fresh ingredients and energetic cooking are hallmarks of this enticing restaurant.
- High point: Quality, enticing cuisine
- Low point: Not the most inviting exterior
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- Delivery: Decided by drivers, depends on distance. Not set by restaurant.
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Thai MOR
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2003
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £5 corkage
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Thai Siam./5 from RSS feed of these comments